Friday, October 05, 2007

Business As Usual

Puritans doing what they do best!


I've read the HoB's report, and the Joint Standing Committee's report, and, while not overjoyed by the decisions made, I figure it could have been much worse. However, I have read some of the responses to both documents over at Titus 1:9 (All the Self-righteous Donatism with Much Less of the Spittle-flecked Rants One Will Find At Standing-Tough-On-Our-Little-Stone-Bridges-With-Our-Guns-Half-Cocked) and have been astonished at how angry the Regulars there are about all this. Were they promised a be-heading and a Burning-at-the-stake? They are very angry, very disappointed, and, although they don't say it, feel betrayed. I don't think they had very realistic expectations about this meeting. I can't take Standing-Tough-On-Our-Little-Stone-Bridges-With-Our-Guns-Half-Cocked or it's fellow blog You Won't Believe What Those People Do In Bed!!!! and haven't visited them, as simply driving in Central America has lifted my blood pressure to new, exciting heights, so I have no idea what the response at those two sites are, but, in my experience, things there are usually much nastier than Kendall's place.

Our brothers and sisters at "those places," fellow Christians all, really want our sorry-liberal-bottoms tossed into Outer Darkness, where there is Weeping and Gnashing of Teeth. They also appear to believe that the Entire World Wide Anglican Communion agrees with them. So, once again, unreasonable expectations will bring them even more disappointment and they will react with even more anger and mouth-foaming diatribes.

I've decided that I'm simply going to keep praying for them; I find it to be a humbling exercise, and it is really stretching me spiritually. I'm still a bit mean and nasty about them, as this post proves, and I pray that God will open my heart to be more understanding. But I will do all I can to avoid visiting their sites anymore.

More Puritans having even More Fun!

8 comments:

June Butler said...

I've decided that I'm simply going to keep praying for them; I find it to be a humbling exercise, and it is really stretching me spiritually.

Padre, you hit the nail on the head. It's hard, but that's what Jesus commands us to do, so we gotta do it, and that's that.

Every now and then, not often, I venture over to T19 and even to SF, but never the other one. It's truly amazing and appalling to me what I find there. We must pray for them.

Caminante said...

"simply driving in Central America has lifted my blood pressure to new, exciting heights"

Folks, believe him! Each country has its craziness. In Panama, it's people popping out unexpectedly from side streets and plowing forward despite oncoming traffic. Figure we saw a good read-end crunch accident at 7.00 on a Sunday morning.

The AoM said...

Nicely said, padre.

The AoM

KJ said...

Padre,

They are to be pitied as their faith has become so fear-based and anti whatever, they seem to have lost sight of the Who they are to be about. Their god is very, very small, and given their unrest, apparently quite impotent. Prior to my arriving in the Land Anglican, if someone had told me that was part of the territory, I would not have believed it.

But, perhaps they have blessing just ahead of them. When I no longer had the option of staying in the faith home of my youth and went unwillingly on an adventure, my undestanding of grace grew, and my God became very, very big.

valentino said...

"I've decided that I'm simply going to keep praying for them; I find it to be a humbling exercise, and it is really stretching me spiritually. I'm still a bit mean and nasty about them, as this post proves, and I pray that God will open my heart to be more understanding. But I will do all I can to avoid visiting their sites anymore." Padre Benedict Arnold

JUST KIDDING! You're right, of course/always, I'm going to avoid going to Little Stone Wedgies too!

Jane R said...

Padre, this is off topic (or maybe not) but following your visit I posted a little something on St. Francis and the Sultan.

Prayin' too.

Aghaveagh said...

¡Hola, Padre!

I used to read T19 and the other ones but it just made me plain angry, and I had to stop.

I have been thinking a lot lately about Universal Salvation. What if all this nitpicking and bickering is for naught, and what really matters is how we treat our fellow inhabitants of this fragile earth, our Island Home?

The one thing that troubles me the most, and I mean this very seriously: How can we be so sure that we are the only ones who are right? Maybe C. S. Lewis had it right, and the worthy worshipers of Tash will be in heaven as well.

Brother David said...

A gay Episcopalian died and found himself standing at the pearly gates. St. Peter welcomed him and offered to personally show him around heaven.

As they walked down the streets of gold St. Pete pointed to a group of scottish episcopalians having a social, including haggis.

A bit further, on the banks of the crystal river, were folks from the Anglican Church of South Africa enjoying a swim.

As they visited a finely appointed mansion, they saw members of the anglican church of mexico having fiesta complete with carne asada, frijoles rancheros, tamales, guacamole, piles of tortillas and icy cold Carta Blanca.

They soon approached a wall lining the street and St. Pete motioned with a finger to his lips for the gay man to be quiet.

After they had passed and were some distance from the wall the gay episcopalian asked St. Pete why they had to be quiet. St. Pete wryly smiled and said, "Because the Global Anglican reasserters are on the other side of that wall and they think that they are the only folks up here!"

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign