Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging

Photography for this evening's episode: The Lovely Mona. Story: Padre Mickey. Music: George Gershwin and Padre Mickey



Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, Gallito Mescalito, it seems that Padre is running late again!
Gallito Mescalito Shriek!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank You're right; it appears that the Lovely Mona is already preparing this evening's meal. Where is that Padre?



Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek! ¡Shrrrriiiieeeeeekkkk!!!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love You're right, Gallito Mescalito! I, too, feel a song coming on!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Wow! Two kinds of bananas!!

To the tune of Gershwin's "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess
Hippo and bird
Dinnertime
And we're here in the kitchen
Salad stuff
that needs to be chopped
What a great
mix of lechuga
So hush, lil' Gallito, don't you shriek


Cat
Dinnertime,
And the sprouts, they is ready
For whatever
Lovely Mona has planned
We gots 'matos
and we gots avocados
I'm 'tinkin dis salad will really be grand!
'sup with Red Mr. Peanut Bank and those bananas? He's obsessed!


Bird
Shrieky shriek
Shrieky shrieky shriek-shriek-shriek
Shrieky shriieeeek
Shriek-a-shriek-a-shriek shriek
Shrieky shriek
Shrieky shrieky shriek-shriek-shriek
So shriek, shrieky shrieky
Don't you cry!!


Todos
Dinnertime
And we're waiting for Padre
He is late
An' we're getting bored
We are tired
Of singin' 'bout salads
So, hurry, Padre Mickey
Git yer butt home!


COMING SOON TO A FRIDAY RED MR. PEANUT AND GALLITO MESCALITO BLOGGING NEAR YOU!

Señorita Chompita Wiggletail in: Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House, MUST DIE!!!

8 comments:

Caminante said...

I shall not regale you with the version my father did to this great Porgy and Bess song, entitled,
'Litter time!' Second line, 'and the digging is easy.' Worse, the original was in French. 'Chaton littière et le fouillant est facile.'

Matthew Hubbard said...

Bunrab appears to have taken what Chompita has been dishing out for quite a while, and keeps coming back for more.

That is one tough bunny.

Anonymous said...

I guess it was bound to come to this eventually. Dressing small toys and figurines as bishops was bad enough. Now we have descended to the level of food fetishism. Two kinds of bananas, indeed!

Aghaveagh said...

What a lovely, happy little scene! I found it immensely comforting.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I came in late...I'm standing in the back of a full house (and it ain't a card game)...I simply adored the show and I know that you'll receive more of the "rave" reviews that have already started pouring in...such talent, such a single (duo) sensation...I'm way up over the moon and it's not even dark yet-o here near the volcan-o.

Winthrop Speedermeister-Noreiga-Spaulding-Havenhurst de Laurel Callejon Twaddle, Harptuner to the decendents of Maya Gods

susan s. said...

This Anonymous sounds an awful lot like someone else who comments here, there, and everywhere! Are we going to have start with the recipes?

I rarely agree with Anonymouses, but I must admit that I do this time. It's Monday over here in the land of Berzerkeley, and I have hardly had time to check in wid you, PM. I read you avidly!

Padre Mickey said...

Susie Sue, the Anonymous above is our own Leonardo Ricardo. You can tell by the witty reparté and the incredible list of names at the end of the post.

He's a great cook, too, so he may want some of your recipes.

susan s. said...

See, I thought that was true! I have been waiting to post my recipe for Ants on a Log....Dare I?

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign