Friday, October 12, 2007

Today At Parroquia San Cristóbal

We had a hand-painted sign over the door, but the "artist" had some perspective problems, and a few of the letters were kinda squeezed into the space. Today we replaced it with a new sign.





The first week of November is full of National Holidays, and the air is full of the sound of drums and bugles and glockenspiels, as well as lots and lots of marching. Here is the marching band from Instituto Episcopal San Cristóbal practicing.



The rains increase at this time of year, and in November it will seem as if it rains all day everyday through the entire month. Here is the grey sky which has been lingering all day today.



Mr. Cyril Atherley has retired from the Choir due to ill health, and he was unable to come to church on Sunday, so I went to his house with several members of the choir today so that we could give him a Certificate of Gratitude.



Mr. Barrow, Mrs. Bilanfanty, and Mrs. McIntosh



Mr. Scotland, Mrs. Thomas, and Mrs. Naomi Atherley


Padre gives Cyril his certificate


Mr. Cyril Atherley

Then we ate and had a fine time talking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parroquia San Cristobal, I love you.

What could be more wonderful than a parish that honors its old folks ***AND*** has its own marching band?!

Reading this post, it washed over me like a revelation what I have been missing all my life as a churchgoer: marching bands! I mean, wassupwiddat? Do we has to learn Espanol and emigrate to beautiful Panama to get our fundamental marching band needs met? I am rethinking my plans for my retirement years . . .

God bless Mr. Cyril Atherley and the hot Padre. I just hope the Atherley family were vigilant in guarding their knickknacks. We will find out shortly when the Friday Night Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito show comes on.

June Butler said...

God bless Mr. Atherley for his service in the choir. San Cristóbal is a loving congregation.

Mary Clara, you could attend a jazz funeral in New Orleans.

Unknown said...

Cyril And Naomi were the best grandparents I could've had and asked for I was so lucky to have had them in my life. The last years of their life were sad unfortunately, but I hope they are at peace now. God bless them till we meet again..

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign