Friday, October 12, 2007
Friday Random Ten
Ya presses "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances!
1. Hymn, Crux fidelis/ Pange, lingua (John IV of Portugal) Westminister Abbey Choir/Abbey Consort-Martin Neary
2. No Reservations Hüsker Dü
3. Somebody Told Me The Killers
4. Visionary Hüsker Dü
5. If I Wasn't Shy They Might Be Giants
6. The Birds Will Still Be Singing Elvis Costello and the Brodsky Quartet
7. Take The Cash (K.A.S.H.) Wreckless Eric
8. Chapter: Domine deus meus (Hildegard von Bingen) Anonymous 4
9. To The Blessed Virgin Sœur Marie Keyrouz
10. Veranillo Push-Push Lord Kontiki
Well, the shuffle couldn't decide if it was into chant or Hüsker Dü! Both Hüsker Dü tracks are from the same album: Warehouse: Songs and Stories, one of my favorite albums. And I can't complain about any shuffle that brings up Wreckless Eric.
The last track, Veranillo Push-Push, is a Panamanian Calypso from the 1960's about pushbotons, a kind of motel for Discrete Assignations. From what I understand, one drives into a garage, pushes a button, puts money in a box and then receives access to a room and No One Sees Anything. They're all over the place with names like Brisas de Amor, and the singer names practically every town in the country! This is your Panamanian Culture lesson for the week.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign