Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging

What goes on in la Rectoría  when the Lovely Mona and Padre are out and about being missionaries? Well, we know that, sometimes, Señorita Chompita Wiggletail climbs on the bed, something which is forbidden. She also sits in comfy chairs, but we let her do that as long as she doesn't eat her dinner there. And, as every little kid knows, the toys wander about getting into stuff. Also, they break into song at the drop of a hat.
Photos by the Lovely Mona. Story by the Grumpy Padre

El Penguino So, wadda ya guys wanna do? It's kinda boring 'round here.
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Let's wander about the house and get into stuff.
Mr. Chompita's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Yeah, dats always fun! Whose stuff should we get inta?
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek! ¡Shriek!
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House Well, I think I'll stay here for now.
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Come on, let's go!

Red Mr. Peanut Bank My, what colourful books!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Those are children books, but there aren't any children around here!
Gallito Mescalito ¿Shriek? ¡Shrieeek! Shriek.
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, that makes perfect sense,Gallito Mescalito! I'll bet the Lovely Mona takes them to el Hogar so the girls may read them.
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Imagine that! The bird making sense!
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!

Gallito Mescalito  ¿Shriek? ¡Shriek!  ¿Shriek?
Red Mr. Peanut Bank I think that the Lovely Mona has been doing her homework. I doubt that anyone is compiling a list of who has drug or alcohol problems.

Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love See, Gallito? It's all part of the Lovely Mona's homework. She's studying the brain.
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank What do you mean, you feel a song coming on? Isn't that Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love's line?
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love You're both right! It IS my line, and I, along with Gallito Mescalito, DO feel a song coming on!! Looking at these drawings of brains reminds me of my sordid past:
sings I used to be an A student
I never used to complain
I used to be a truant
But I'm still the same



Bad bad brain
bad bad brain

Red Mr. Peanut Bank
I used to go to parties
I used to drink champagne
Now I'm beginning
To feel the strain



Bad bad brain
bad bad brain


Gallito Mescalito
I used to be in show biz
I used to have fortune and fame
I used to have pleasure and pain
I used to have a name
Bad bad brain
bad bad brain


Everybody
Now I'm on the bowery
I can't remember my name
Bad bad brain
Bad bad brain
Bad bad brain
Bad bad brain
Bad bad brain
Bad bad brain

4 comments:

Fran said...

We have officially moved into the place where you are now scaring me.

Aghaveagh said...

This is Just Bloody Brill.

Bad, Bad Brain, indeed. I love it!

Padre, you are a genius!

"Well, I don't claim to be an A student, but I try to be.."

Don't know much about the Middle Ages, look at the pictures and I turn the pages,

Aghaveagh

Padre Mickey said...

I cannot take credit for the genius of the Ramones.
But they have always been an inspiration.

Jane R said...

One of my students wrote a paper on the influence of Rastafari religion on the music of the Bad Brains (a group I'd never heard of till he told me about it). I'm serious.

I love Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign