Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging

Tonight's Episode: THE QUEST (Based upon a Real Live True Story (the names have been changed to protect the innocent.) Well, okay, that thing was making noise all night, but the toys and stuff don't talk; even I know that!!!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank Good morning, everyone. Did you all sleep well?
Gallito Mescalito Shriek, shriek.
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love 'morning, all. I've had better nights!
El Penguino rrrrrrrrroncaarrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrroncaarrrrrrrrrrr
The Mighty Moose of Vermont I had a rough night. What the heck was that noise?
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love You mean that "beep. beep." sound?
The Mighty Moose of Vermont Yes! It was driving me crazy!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank It comes and goes. Listen! There it is again.
beep. beep.
El Penguino rrrrrrrrroncaarrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrroncaarrrrrrrrrrr
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡SHRRIIIEEEEEKKKKK!!
The Mighty Moose of Vermont No, Gallito Mescalito; that's just el Penguino, snoring away. Let's go find the source of that beep!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Sure! We'll split up and see what we can find.



Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, here we are in the Lovely Mona's office.
Gallito Mescalito Shriek shriek shriek.
Red Mr. Peanut Bank You're right. It's not in here.


Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Hiya, Bank! Hiya, Boid! Watcha up ta?
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Hello, Cat! We're searching for the source of A Certain Noise.
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Ya mean dat incessant beep. beep.? I can't sleep at night wid dat noise!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Yes. It's disturbing everyone. Do you have any idea from where it may be coming?
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Well, it shuah ain't in heah? Sometimes dat kitchen timah maiks noise, but not all night. But I tink I'll join yoose in yer soich.
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Yes, we're glad to have you.



Squeaky Gorilla Well, here we are in the laundry room. skeek Do you think the noise is coming from something in here? skeek
¡El Toro! No está. ¿Cuál es ese ruido?
Squeaky Gorilla I don't know what you're talking about. skeekWe need to find the beep. beep. noise. skeek
¡El Toro! Entonces....
Squeaky Gorilla We'll look somewhere else. skeek


Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Well, there's a lot of noise in this room but I don't think the beep. beep. comes from here.
The Mighty Moose of Vermont What are those things?
El Penguino They call them "ell pees." They're an old method of storing music.
The Mighty Moose of Vermont Why are they so raggedy? And how come you know so much?
El Penguino Because while your out eating swamp grass I'm reading!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love The LPs are raggedy because Padre and the Lovely Mona have owned several cats over the years.



Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Wadda 'bout dis stuff?
Red Mr. Peanut Bank No, I don't think so. They really should put stuff away, don't you think?


Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, I don't know. Where should we look next?
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love We really don't seem to be making much progress.
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!
The Mighty Moose of Vermont Maybe we're just hearing things.
El Penguino Look, this is no time to give up; I'm sure we're getting close.
Where are the others?



Señorita Chompita Wiggletail I think I know where the noise is coming from. I wander all over the house at night. I already took the doggy toys to where I think the source is. Why don't you all follow me?
Todos Okay!


Señorita Chompita Wiggletail (off camera) It's that thing. Figure it out and you will get rid of that annoying noise! Good luck!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, what shall we do now?
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love That thing is way up there!
The Mighty Moose of Vermont It's out of our reach!
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Yeah, I tink we's in trouble.
El Penguino Quit complaining! All we have to do is climb on each other's shoulders and we'll reach that thing. But we'll need some help. Who's the tallest Inanimate Object around here?
Squeaky Gorilla That would be the Apocalyptic Angel from Guatemala. skeek
¡El Toro! ¡Verdad!
El Penguino Well, we need him. What's that noise?
Squeaky Gorilla I don't know what you're talking about.
Todos¡Oye! ¡Angél! ¡Ayudanos!



Apocalyptic Angel from Guatemala You called?
Todos Yes. We're going to build a tower by climbing on each other's shoulders to reach that thing. It makes that noise!
Apocalyptic Angel from Guatemala I'm in!




Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Dang! I can't reach it.
El Penguino (off camera) Wait! What are we doing? The angel can just fly up there!


Apocalyptic Angel from Guatemala Got it!!!

Narrator (off camera) And all the toys and Inanimate Objects and Padre and the Lovely Mona and Chompita slept peacefully that night, except for Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy, whom Chompy decided to gnaw on for a while.


Special Message From The Management: No Knik-knacks from the Atherley's house appeared in this episode, and none were taken from their house, Mary Clara!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gripping tale, very suspenseful.

Respected (and Hot) BlogPadre, given your highly refined Christian ethical sensibility, I would never imagine you capable of any sort of wrongdoing, but I know how difficult it can be to recruit performers for an ongoing drama series which depends for its vitality on the combination of well-loved, longtime cast members and occasional new characters. It would be understandable if some member of your entourage occasionally made overtures to interesting prospects encountered in the course of your pastoral rounds. Yes, entirely understandable, and what an opportunity it would represent for such unknowns to have a shot at stardom on this show!

Anonymous said...

She obviously means "A gripping tail!"

I do believe that one of my alltime favorite memories of this place will be...dah, dah...the shot with the animalitos standing on one anothers shoulders and clinging/heading up the wall...you're simply overly brilliant, good, muy good, Padre Mickey.

Yours in Cristo,

The Apocalyptic Angel of Guatemala

(You called?)

Anonymous said...

well, maybe my really all-time/all-timer would be the picture of prez nitwitski standing in front of the huge statues of Chairman Ho (twice) and grinning that internationally famous stupidsmile in his bullet proof vest! Too bad he missed the actual Viet Nam War (thanks to Daddy, huz of the bulging/darting eyed pearl lady...three strands and your out).

The Apocalyptic Angel of British Honduras

Anonymous said...

But then, I'm a sucker for really nifty churchladies and I love Mrs. Doyle and her faithful crew of expertly trained/turned-out alterguildladies. I mean there is nothing finer than fine Episcopal Women doing the Episcopal Womens gig (have you noticed they also always have money tucked away for "special projects?")...wise ladies are often wiser than wisemen.

The Apocalyptic Angel of Winchester Mystery House

Anonymous said...

Well, not to make a "big deal" out of this but I really liked the photographs of Leonardo Ricardos artwork. Many say that he's a little bitter, nasty, evil, overlydifficult and snide liberal fruitcake but I've always noticed the true nature of folks by the "work" that they do and their aura...in Leonardos case, he's more than colorful he's obsessed with lumination (in a good way of course...I'm a paranormal Angel and I know whats what)

Up Up and Away,

The Apocalyptic Angel of Chichicastenago, Quetzaltenago and Chic Chiquimula

Dennis said...

Fabulous as always. And like any good mystery I thought I had it figured out until the very end, when you surprised me. I thought it would be the smoke alarm with a dying battery.

June Butler said...

Genius, sheer genius - as usual. Think of it! He creates such works of genius EVERY WEEK! What a mind!

Janis Bland said...

The best Saga yet, Padre!

Aghaveagh said...

I agree. The best ever!!! I laughed, I cried, I kissed 5 minutes goodbye!

This will be hard to top. Better start working now on next week's.

KJ said...

Yes, Padre, please DO allow yourself plenty of time for next week's story.

As an aside, the Lovely Mona must feel so blessed to have your cast of characters available to accesorize your beautiful home.

Caminante said...

"Apocalyptic Angel of Chichicastenago, Quetzaltenago"

Cool as a (Vermont) moose!

Been to those two places albeit 20 years ago.

Fab story.

the other Vermontuh

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign