Friday, October 19, 2007
Friday Random Ten
Ya presses "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances!
1. Coal Train Robberies Elvis Costello
2. O nobilissima viriditas (Hildegard von Bingen) Sequentia
3. 96 Tears The Stranglers
4. Loving The Highwayman Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris
5. You Don't Know What You Mean To Me Sam & Dave
6. Murder In The Red Barn Tom Waits
7. Happy Valentine's Day Outkast
8. Your Southern Can Is Mine White Stripes
9. My Old Man Ian Dury
10. Eternal Sleep Origiinal Cast: The Gospel At Colonus
Hmmm. . . I think this is a "Not The Best Of" list. Not the best song by Elvis Costello; not the best version of 96 Tears and not the best song by the Stranglers; not the best song by Sam & Dave; not the best song by Outkast, White Stripes (I just got Icky Thump this week and was hoping something from that would appear), or Ian Dury, either. Of course, these are not the worst songs by any of these artists, either. HOWEVER, I really like the song by Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris, and the song from Gospel at Colonus is great, too. The Tom Waits song reminded me that, during my Bay Area Young Adulthood, the Red Barn was the place one went to when "The Hungries Hit!!" Now some of you have just been cursed with an ear worm of that very annoying commercial. That's life!
Oh yeah, I downloaded the new Radiohead In Rainbows this week, too, and I'm loving it!
Also, Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging will probably be a bit late this evening, as I got home late from Vestry Meeting last night and wasn't up to a photo shoot, and I'm leading a Lay Readers/Chalice Bearers/Lay Euchaistic Visitors class tonight, so I'll have to set up once I get home. Be patient...
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign