Wednesday, November 22, 2006

About a Four on the Aborrido Scale

My Biggest Fan!
It’s been a busy day. Monday Mona and I broke down and purchased a digital camera, as we are tired of depending upon others for photos of church activities, the darling antics of Señorita Chompita Wiggletail, the Cutest Dog in All the Americas, and Sacristy Iguanas. I bought a camera of the brand which Shakira has been pushing, and it is a very nice, easy-to-use camera (¡Gracias, Shakira!)

Yesterday I wrote a sermon about St. Cecilia, to be used this morning. I tried to print it but was out of ink. So, I emailed so that I could print it at home. Got home rather late, but remembered to print the sermon and put it in a folder and placed it on the table for ready access in the morning. I also put the new camera with the folder, as I wanted to take some photos of the church and my visit to the Cordoba Home. I didn’t sleep well as it rained all night with much force, and a hard rain against a zinc roof tends to be a bit noisy. So I wasn’t at my best this morning, and was lucky to get out the door with my pants on. Once I arrived at the church (Holy Eucharist with Healing at 7:30 am) I realized that I had left the camera and my sermon at home. It was still raining and I didn’t want to go home, so I printed the sermon in a lovely shade of blue (I suppose I could have printed it in red, St. Cecilia being a martyr and all, but I am a bit over 40 and can’t see too well). After the Mass, the Ladies and I visited Mr. Wells in the hospital and then had a lovely time at the Cordoba Home (a rest home) with the folks there, sharing Communion and anointing with oil and praying and singing. Once I returned to the church, I started reading and thinking about that Christ the King sermon.

Stopped at the super market on the way home to purchase items for tomorrow’s celebration. We will have twenty people at the house tomorrow (including Mona and I)! Had to buy an enormous turkey (24.6 lbs!) as there was nothing in the 18 to 20 lbs. range. At least I’ll have turkey sandwiches for a few days. Couldn’t find any poultry seasoning. Came home, checked my spice rack, none there, either. Mona just returned from hunting for the elusive poultry seasoning, and she was unsuccessful, too. Now I will spend hours surfing the internet, seeking possible poultry seasoning recipes.
I think that this wins the award for My Most Boring Post Evah! I could post a cute mammal photo, but I’m gonna go for the cheap joke instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good blog photo. Top marks for making the fan the centre of the photo whilst actually, but with restraint, showing off the fact you are man of many guitars. The way the guitars are almost thrown into the corner proves that you also play them.

No points for having your book collection beyond focus range. In blog photos it is compulsory to carefully position heavy theological tomes so we can be thoroughly impressed by your academic prowess. One book, preferably an Anchor commentary, should be open on your desk, and you must have at least one controversial book clearly visible, and something like "Winnie The Pooh's Guide To The Gospels" to show you have a sense of humour.

Good start. Next time try harder!

Anonymous said...

Good blog photo. Top marks for making the fan the centre of the photo whilst actually, but with restraint, showing off the fact you are man of many guitars. The way the guitars are almost thrown into the corner proves that you also play them.

No points for having your book collection beyond focus range. In blog photos it is compulsory to carefully position heavy theological tomes so we can be thoroughly impressed by your academic prowess. One book, preferably an Anchor commentary, should be open on your desk, and you must have at least one controversial book clearly visible, and something like "Winnie The Pooh's Guide To The Gospels" to show you have a sense of humour.

Good start. Next time try harder!

Anonymous said...

Padre, Padre, Padre Mickey....I hope you at least found some sage, as that is the main ingredient in any poultry seasoning along with some pepper(not red but black) for the bird and the dressing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Love to you and Mona,

Susan Hedges

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign