Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fidel Castro, Jubilado

"Reports of my death have been highly exaggerated" Fidel some eighteen months ago.


Some folks are kinda excited about Fidel's announcement that he is retiring and won't accept the position of President of the Council of State and Commander in chief del República de Cuba. He pretty much retired eighteen months ago, and I don't think things are going to change much, at least not right now. Of course, the Presnit of the U.S.A. sees this as an opportunity for Cuba to "transition to democracy" and I understand that he said his government (I was taught that the government of the U.S.A. belonged to the citizens of the U.S.A., but I guess 9/11 changed all that) would help Cuba with this transition. This makes me a bit nervous, as I'm sure it does the Cubans, since we've seen how well the transition to democracy is working in Afghanistan and Iraq is going.

2 comments:

June Butler said...

Interference by the Bush maladministration can only result in disaster. Let's pray that does not happen, since everything Bush touches turns to shit. (Sorry, Lovely Mona, but that's true.)

Anonymous said...

since everything Bush touches turns to shit. (Sorry, Lovely Mona, but that's true.)

5:20 PM

Nothing worse than American Citizens now having to clean up the mess of a arrogant and knuckle headed college cheerleader who was best known for being a very unattractive spoiled brat...who would have known he would later engineer such murderous tragedies that would impact the lives of tens of thousands/millions of fellow human beings in negative ways.

Rah, rah, rah or just plain dangerously stupid?

You tell me.

Santosiempre

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign