Friday, February 22, 2008
Friday Random Top Ten
Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .
1. Dazed And Confused Led Zeppelin
2. High And Dry Radiohead
3. Rosewood Casket Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris
4. Knowing Outkast
5. Hunting, Shooting, Fishing Dr. Feelgood|
6. Psalmus 109 (Monteverdi "Vespro della Beata Vergine) Taverner Consort
7. Gradual: Concupivit (Ist Mode) Monastic Choir of the Abbey of St. Peter, Solemes
8. The Magdaline Laundries The Chieftains with Joni Mitchell
9. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun Pink Floyd
10. (If You Call That) Being Alive The Wonders Of Science
Nothing like starting off with a big, misogynist, blues song! The segue from Radiohead to Dolly, Linda, and Emmylou was a nice segue. Then, from Monteverdi to plainchant! Number 9 is from back when Pink Floyd was good. When I was a teen, there were two songs the boys in my neighborhood had to be able to pick on one guitar string: Pipeline and Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun. And of course, I could pick-out both songs, which lead to my time with The Wonders Of Science. I believe this is the second week in a row that the shuffle has chosen a song on which I am a performer (I could check but I'm too lazy). Matty Boy and I used to call the song RML because it was kinda in the style a local band Radio Music Library. It's on the cd for sale at Matty Boy’s site.
So I figure that Dolly, Linda, Emmylou, and Joni almost make up for the misogyny of the first song.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign