Friday, February 01, 2008
Friday Random Top Ten
Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .
1. Julie With. . . Brian Eno
2. Shabby Doll Elvis Costello
3. Operator's Manual Buzzcocks
4. Beata Viscera (Perotin) Hilliard Ensemble
5. Louie Louie/La Bamba/Twist & Shout/Wild Thing Medley (Live at KFJC) The Wonders of Science
6. Alternative Ulster Stiff Little Fingers
7. Chance Meeting Roxy Music
8. Black Math The White Stripes
9. Mod Lang Big Star
10. Eva Oxomatli
Weird list. It starts off very quiet, picks up a little speed, and goes out in a huge, noisy, blaze of glory.
Way back in August of 1983, Matty Boy and our band, The Wonders of Science participated in the Louie Louie Marathon at KFJC, the radio station at Foothill College in Los Altos Hill, CA. I produced three versions in the TWOS lab in my basement, and we performed this live medley on the air. My brother-in-law at that time, Uncle Kenny, was roadying for us. He plays the trumpet. At that time he was playing with the Oakland Symphony and the San Jose Symphony. He found someone with a trumpet and jammed with us. It is pretty much a Ska version of the World's Greatest Drunken Rock Song. I believe that this is on The Wonders of Science cd for sale at Matty Boy's blog Lotsa ‘Splainin’ 2 Do. All the Cool Kids have a copy of that cd.
Big Star, Stiff Little Fingers, White Stripes, and Buzzcocks. Dat's a list!!
Super huge rainbow-gumdrop-lovefest of a Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging (now with more violence!) up much later today.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign