Monday, January 19, 2009

Last Week's Activities: Sunday, 11 de Enero

Well, now that the laundry is drying and we've been grocery shopping and I've been about the blogosphere, catching up, I'm ready to show photos from last week.

We started with a baptism at la Misa a las 10:30 am. Little Marilyss was initiated into the Family of God and barely put up a fuss. Her padrino works across the street at Instituto Episcopal San Cristóbal. She even participated in the communion, taking a piece of bread, which doesn't always happen here in Panamá.

Que la Candidata al Santo Bautismo sea presentada ahora.





Everything went well except the hand-off



Later that afternoon, the Lovely Mona, Señorita Chompita Wiggletail, Padre, and even a few of the Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank crew loaded up the car and headed for Santa Clara, in the province of Coclé, to the Bishop Lemuel Shirley Camp and Conference Center, where Campamento de Verano Adolescente was taking place. This is the camp for kids 12 to 15 years of age. It was a bit small this year; only twenty-one campers, but a great bunch. The youth of the Diocese run the camp; they call me in November to see if I'm willing to serve as chaplain again (I've been at camp every year except in 2007 when I attended Epiphany West instead) and then tell me the theme for the camp so that I can start on the bible studies. We missed the first day of camp as they started on Saturday and I had obligations on Sunday. Padre Nelson Edwards and his wife Mariela arrived late that evening, and we shared duties at chapel, although I played guitar for all services.

Here are some photos of the chapel service and dinner.

Evening Prayer



Is that some kinda wig Marvin's wearing or what?


Singing!



Yum! Arroz con pollo, potato salad, y gelatina! Yeah, we always had double-starch meals. The Lovely Mona had a lovely salad every meal so she missed out on the carbo-fest. What's weird is that even with the heavy carb week, I still lost weight! Must be all the walking around.

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign