Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Year-End Round-up Meme


I saw this over at Jane's and Faddah Paul's, and decided to give it a try, and, let me tell you, I think I'm sorry I did so!

For this meme, you take the first sentence of the first post of each month and line 'em up.

Here we go!

January: Last night we had our Watchnight Service.

February: Today is the feast of St. Brigid, who is also called St. Bride.

March: Well, it does make sense. Turns out I was St. Melito of Sardis in the "Which Church Father Are You?" thang

April: The Annual Very Special Day in April Message from The Most Blessed Primados of The Real Live Orthodox Episcopal Anglican Protestant Catholic Pentecostal Evangelical Fundamentalist Christian Church of All the Americas and Actually the Entire Globe; Yeah, that's Right, We Include the Global South, the Global North AND the Global Center, So Where Else Ya Gonna Go? also known as the RLOEAPCPEFCCAAAEGYRWIGSGNAGCSWEYGG, or The True, Really, I Mean It, Church™, His Holiness the Rt. Rev. Red Mr. Peanut Bank, Bishop of All Legumes and Vegetables, and his Most Shriekiness, the Rt. Rev. Gallito Mescalito, to the Entire World.

May: ¡Hola a todos! I want to thank everyone for their response to the loss of our camera.

June: This morning I took the services at San Pablo.

July: The Lovely Mona and I want to express our gratitude to the generous folks who responded to our financial need back in May.

August: Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

September: What I've learned from the Bristol Palin mess is: Black, poor, un-wed mothers are irresponsible and just trying to get more welfare money, but White, rich, un-wed mothers who happen to the daughters of Republican governors believe in the sanctity of life.

October: This evening's humorous political commentary

November: All Saints Day is the day on which we remember the martyrs, those who died for their faith, those who refused to sacrifice to the emperor and were thrown to the beasts and gladiators in the arena.

December: I was feeling a little sorry for ol' George Bush. People really don't like him, he gets ignored when the leaders of the world get together to wear ponchos, and people are asking if Obama's inauguration could take place early.


After reading these, I wonder why anyone comes here; we've got some pretty boring opening sentences. So I am even more grateful for ya'll dropping by last year and hope you continue to do so in 2009.

UPDATE:After a visit from the Alter Guild, I realized that I didn't line 'em up as per instructions. Entonces, here it is all lined up, which is actually quite funny!:
Last night we had our Watchnight Service. Today is the feast of St. Brigid, who is also called St. Bride. Well, it does make sense. The Annual Very Special Day in April Message from The Most Blessed Primados of The Real Live Orthodox Episcopal Anglican Protestant Catholic Pentecostal Evangelical Fundamentalist Christian Church of All the Americas and Actually the Entire Globe; Yeah, that's Right, We Include the Global South, the Global North AND the Global Center, So Where Else Ya Gonna Go? also known as the RLOEAPCPEFCCAAAEGYRWIGSGNAGCSWEYGG, or The True, Really, I Mean It, Church™, His Holiness the Rt. Rev. Red Mr. Peanut Bank, Bishop of All Legumes and Vegetables, and his Most Shriekiness, the Rt. Rev. Gallito Mescalito, to the Entire World. ¡Hola a todos! I want to thank everyone for their response to the loss of our camera. This morning I took the services at San Pablo. The Lovely Mona and I want to express our gratitude to the generous folks who responded to our financial need back in May. Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . . What I've learned from the Bristol Palin mess is: Black, poor, un-wed mothers are irresponsible and just trying to get more welfare money, but White, rich, un-wed mothers who happen to the daughters of Republican governors believe in the sanctity of life. This evening's humorous political commentary. All Saints Day is the day on which we remember the martyrs, those who died for their faith, those who refused to sacrifice to the emperor and were thrown to the beasts and gladiators in the arena. I was feeling a little sorry for ol' George Bush. People really don't like him, he gets ignored when the leaders of the world get together to wear ponchos, and people are asking if Obama's inauguration could take place early.

8 comments:

June Butler said...

Padre, I've taken up the challenge, too, and I'm already sorry. I'm not quite done yet, but I'm very discouraged. Last year, a good many of my first sentences turned out to be pretty funny, but I seem to have lost my touch this year. I like your April. Talk about run-on sentences!

You and the Lovely Mona have a Blessed and Happy New Year.

Paul said...

April and September justify the entire year! Keep writing.

I am very grateful for you and the Lovely Mona and the Dance Party crew.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I think this does somehow manage to give a flavor of your blog. I've got a good excuse not to do this. I didn't start blogging till April.

June Butler said...

Correction: Last year's list was not very funny either.

Doorman-Priest said...

What a fab idea. I shall give that a go - tomorrow.

Leonard said...

Oh good. I don´t have to do it...afterall, I´m a baby at blogging and don´t have my first whole year...besides, all those jarring opening sentences may cause hangovers to become fatal amongst the Gafcon tipplers (they must be drunk as they´ve gone way past plain dementia)!

Happy NEW YEAR!

Free at last!

PseudoPiskie said...

Mine is short thanks to my stupidity. but interesting...

Matthew Hubbard said...

You keep writin' 'em, Padre, and I'll keep readin' 'em. You have my word.

In fact, you an have my word verification.

abzlka!

I think it's a cognate of mazel tov!

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign