Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Random Top Ten


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. Veni Creator Spiritus (Perotin) Hilliard Ensemble
2. Survival The O'Jays
3. Put Your Hands Up! Kirk Franklin and Jars of Clay
4. Lord, I Trust Thee Christ Church Cathedral Choir, Oxford
5. (They Long To Be) Close To You The Cranberries
6. Pretty Thing Bo Diddley
7. Don't Fall Down The 13th Floor Elevators
8. Hula Hoppin' Idalia Boyd
9. Noise In This World The Beat
10. Many Rivers To Cross Jimmy Cliff

The iTunes shuffle started out all churchy and stuff, but the O'jays put things in perspective: Help me! Help Me! Survival! Survival of the fittest! Survival! I gotta get wid it! Cuz it ain't no joke when a man is broke! An' it ain't no gas tryin' to stay alive! More churchy, then a bad Carpenter's cover by the Cranberries. Bo Diddley rocks, and the 13th Floor Elevators give a warning. Hula Hoppin' is one of my favorite songs! The Beat be hoppin', too, and then Jimmy Cliff brings us a respectful hymn. Not the greatest Top Ten list, but I've seen much worse here.

Don't forget to add your Top Ten lists in the comments. I gotsa funeral.

3 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

I predict a big 70's "I'm so broke and I got soul" revival.

Survival, For the Love of Money, Make Me Wanna Holler, Be Thankful for What You've Got, Money's Too Tight to Mention... the hits just keep on comin'!

Brother David said...

Padrecito, I have enjoyed using the new Genius feature in iTunes 8.

It gathers info on your personal library and then correlates that with info that may be available on the songs in your library in the iTunes Music Store.

You pick a song, press the Genius button and it creates a playlist correlated with your choice.

I chose Fernando and the Genius put together the rest.

1. Fernando - ABBA
2. Top of the World - The Carpenters
3. Sacrifice - Elton John
4. Together Forever - Rick Astley
5. Shape of My Heart - Backstreet Boys
6. Flying Without Wings - Westlife
7. Hole in the World - The Eagles
8. Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
9. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
10. Ellas Danzan Solas (Cueca Solas) - Sting

susan s. said...

Oh, Padre, I have the Perotin CD! That's a great one. I guess you will never link to some of the really older music?

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign