Friday, October 24, 2008
Friday Random Top Ten
Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .
1. No Language In Our Lungs XTC
2. Spread Outkast
3. Whizz Kid Mott The Hoople
4. Little Acorns The White Stripes
5. Vergine santa, d'ognigratia piena (Palestrina) The Hilliard Ensemble
6. Another Man's Vine Tom Waits
7. Looks, Looks, Looks Sparks
8. This Must Be The Place (Naïve Melody) Talking Heads
9. Who Killed Bambi? Ten Pole Tudor
10. Automatic Stop The Strokes
Well, the ol' iTunes Shuffle is all over the place today. We open with my all time favorite song by XTC. The Outkast song is nasty, as one would expect, but the dancing in the video is great. Mott the Hoople makes their debut on the list (I just downloaded the album Saturday) with a song featuring a great, four-note synth solo on a Moog with those wonderful, fat-sounding ring oscillators. The White Stripes song contains one of my favorite lyrics: Be like the squirrel, girl, be like the squirrel, ow, ow, ow. Give it a whirl, girl, be like the squirrel, ow, ow, ow. It don' git better'n dat. Palestrina is totally out of place. Tom Waits is always welcome, followed by one obscure Sparks song (I heard that! Waddaya mean "All Sparks songs are obscure"?). A pretty song by the Talking Heads, and a noisy song by Ten Pole Tudor (from The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle), and it all comes to an automatic stop with the Strokes song ends.
Er, I don't think that's the Strokes in the video, but that IS their recording.
Please share your top tens in the comments.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign