Alleluia! Christ is risen! The Lord is risen indeed! Alleluia!
Christ is risen but the rest of us are exhausted!!
I'm trying to rest today. Last week the display for the macmini went on the fritz, so we took it to the shop today. It's under warranty but will take a month to be replaced. So I may purchase a crt display just to keep things functioning for a while. Mona needs the macmini to do her homework for school. We have the eMac at the house right now, which leaves me with nothin' at de choich.
So, here are some photos of the Easter celebrations at Parroquia Episcopal San Cristóbal. We had three baptisms at the Easter Vigil. I sang the Exsultet and sang the first part en español and the second in english; that was first! Mona is the godmother of Alberto Esteban Sotero, eleven years-old. A four month-old baby, Alexandra Vanessa and an eighteen year-old young woman, Diana, were also baptized. We had our Easter Sunrise Service in english at 6:00 am. We had an Easter miracle at that service; a member of the parish stood up during the announcements, came forward and handed Mrs. Norma Blackman, a member of the Vestry and the person giving the announcements, an envelope with $1,000.00 cash for the fence we need to build. The cost of the fence is around $2300.00, and we had raised $1100.00, so her generous donation means we can start the work! (The old cyclone fence was destroyed back in February when the electrical cables were stolen. We decided to put up a wall instead of a cyclone fence this time around).
La Misa Pascual was at 10:30 am. The Lovely Mona and I got home about 1:00 pm. We ate lunch and I took a nice two hour nap, but I'm still tired today.
1. The New Paschal Fire.
2. Padre Luis lights the Paschal Candle while Padre Mickey blesses incense.
3. Alberto is baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
4. Alberto is sealed by the Holy Spirit in baptism and marked as Christ's own forever.
5. Censing the gifts
6. Alberto with his mother and the Lovely Mona, his Madrina
7. Early arrivals for the sunrise service. Look, it's still dark outside!
8. Padre Cáceres made this banner at a workshop conducted by folks from St. Mary's-of-the-Hills in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, held at the Bishop Shirley Camp and Conference Center in Santa Clara on March 17, 2007.
9. Coro de Jovenes en la Misa Pascual
10. Evan (the Littlest Drummer) finds an Easter Egg and glories in his treasure while his mom tries to get his attention for a fóto
11. Hillary (on the right) and her friend are ready to hunt for Easter Eggs.
This post has been visited by the Alter Guild