Friday, April 20, 2007
The Great Wall of Parque Lefevre
Some of you may remember that back in February someone stole the electrical cables of the church, leaving us without electricity during Vacation Bible School Week. They even returned a week later and stole some more cables. Well, the guy who was doing this was arrested, so that's stopped for now. The cyclone fence between the church property and the abandoned house next door (which has been purchased by Instituto Episcopal San Cristóbal) was trampled and destroyed during the robberies. We are replacing the fence with a concrete bloque wall ($2000.00 +!). Yesterday Mr. Green, our Senior Warden, and I took on the incredible bureaucracy which is the Government of Panamá to get the proper permits. Work started today! Here be photos.
1. Area for the wall. When I first saw that graffiti, I thought the Nigerians were after us, but it says CALA, not CANA!
2. More of that
3. And even more!
4. The Great Wall of Parque Lefevre
5. This will keep the hairy barbarians at bay!
6. The Wall is coming along.
7. This is our lot in which we once had a community center. The building was falling apart so I had to close it. Then it became an Attractive Nuisance, attracting the sort of person who ingests the smoke of rock cocaine, so I had the building torn down. We have drawings for a building, but the estimated cost is $1,000,000.00, which is a bit prohibitive.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign