Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Joke And A Cartoon

I don't know why this joke makes me think of Grandmère Mimi.
From Planet Bollywood
A small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness to the stand in a trial--a grandmotherly, elderly woman. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"

She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy. And frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a rising big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Williams, do you know the defense attorney?"

She again replied, "Why, yes I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. I used to baby-sit him for his parents. And he,too, has been a real disappointment to me. He's lazy, bigoted, he has a drinking problem. The man can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the shoddiest in the entire state. Yes, I know him."

At this point the judge rapped the courtroom to silence and called both counselors to the bench. In a very quiet voice, he said with menace, "If either of you asks her if she knows me, you'll be in jail for contempt within 5 minutes!"

And now the cartoon

I really hate this war, and I'm not too fond of the evil presnit and his vice presnit who lied us into this mess.
I have two parishioners over in Iraq right now. We pray for their safety every day. Juan and Keith, we love you!!
It's time to end the war and to impeach and imprison Bush and Cheney.

5 comments:

Dennis said...

(regarding your comments on this war:)

AND ALL THE PEOPLE SAID AMEN.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you said it...you said all of it...I won't need to do my rant tonight...blessings to you and our Lord Christ.

Leonardo Ricardo

Judy Vaughan-Sterling said...

The presnit should just mind his own bidnis and fix de helf care system

IMPEACH BUSH!

June Butler said...

Caught you talking about me behind my back, Padre. Just for that I'm going to post some very special lyrics to a birthday song.

I hate this war. I hate this war. I hate this war.

Jane R said...

All hail to my longtime adoptive state of Vermont (where I don't live but where I played, worked and sojourned for many summers and at other times, and where I have had and have family members) -- did you see today's news? Not much chance of its going further, the story says, but we can dream -- and act.

Of course, it started here. (And Doonesbury did a very funny series on it last week). (I'm giving you the link to the Monday strip, but you can click on the subsequent days once you get there. Read the whole week, it's a kick.)

For impeachment info, see here(Impeach for Peace), here (Elizabeth Holtzman making the case in The Nation),(Michael Moore, with all manner of how-to, impeachnow.org (National coalition to Impeach Bush and Cheney), here(another coalition and info center),and here(bloggers' coalition here on Blogspot).

The not always reliable but sometimes useful Wikipedia has a whole history of the movement to impeach Bush here.

And if you need Garrison Keillor to convince you (I know, you don't, but maybe your parents or your sister-in-law or your parishioners or fellow congregants do),here he is.

Anyone have good info about the best coalition out there, or who is making the most solid and credible efforts toward impeachment? Awful lot of groups.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign