Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Random Top Ten 'Lebin!


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. Gold XTC
2. Columbia SC They Might Be Giants
3. Look At Me I'm Wonderful Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band
4. Strange Town The Jam
5. Show Me Your Jalwa (Aaja Nachale Soundtrack) Richa Sharma, Kailash Kher, & Salim Merchant
6. A Friend Of Mine Geminis
7. Flash Pan Hunter Tom Waits
8. The Mississippi River Mavis Staples
9. (No More) Mr. Nice Guys Sparks
10. God In The Doorway A Cruel Hoax
Super Groovy Bonus #11 to make up for all the weird stuff: I Walked With A Zombie Roky Erickson

Geez, this was all over the place! The TMBG was one of those free singles ya gits when yer groovy an' on their podcast list. I couldn't find a YouTube video from Aaja Nachaleof Show Me Your Jalwa, which really surprised me. But the video I to which I linked is great. It's four young women at a Talent Show at a Hindu Temple in Chicago. Guess whose dad is filming it? The Lovely Mona and I visited a Hindu Temple in a Chicago suburb many years ago when we were at Missionary Orientation week. They (the Temple) were holding church temple Summer Camp, and the kids were working on a pageant about Ganesha. It was the same kinda stuff you see at church camp and we loved watching. But I digress. . .
God In The Doorway is about one of my chemically induced spiritual experiences. No YouTube link there! The shuffle started playing Roky and I had to add him.
Oh, you're really gonna wanna click on #3.

Yeah, it's a Tijuana Picnic Day, doncha think?

Watcha listenin' to? Please post your lists in the comments.

3 comments:

Dave said...

okay Padre M, I'll play your little game ...

1. Harvester Of The Eyes - Blue Öyster Cult
2. Hosanna Filio David - Benadictine Monks of Santo Domingo De Silos
3. Luv Junkie - Buck Naked and the Bare Bottom Boys
4. Move Over - Janis Joplin
5. stop whispering - radiohead
6. Slam Spit Cut Your - Lovedolls Superstar Fully Realized Soundtrack
7. The Last Time > - Grateful Dead
8. The Long And Winding Road - The Beatles
9. Darkest Things - The Submarines
10. Jet Fighter - Butthole Surfers

MadPriest said...

Who are "A Cruel Hoax"
Never heard of them!

Brother David said...

I cannot do a top ten because I have been playing all my favorite Christmas music!

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign