Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday Random Top Ten: Regular Edition


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. After All David Bowie
2. Soul Love David Bowie
3. Feelin' Groovy Simon and Garfunkel
4. Working Undercover For The Man They Might Be Giants
5. Missa Assumpta Est Maria (Palestrina) The Tallis Scholars
6. El Mensaje Los Fabulosos Festivals
7. There She Goes Again The Velvet Underground
8. Margaret Madder Rose
9. Innocent When You Dream (Barroom) Tom Waits
10. By The Wayside A Cruel Hoax

So I thought I try without the Krispen stuff, and I gits double Bowie! One song by Simon and Garfunkel is enough for me, as well as with TMBG right now. I'm always happy to hear some Palestrina. El Mensaje is some Panamanian Funk from 1972; it's sung in English. You can't go wrong with either The Velvet Underground or Madder Rose, and the Tom Waits cut has always been one of my favorites. The Cruel Hoax number is something I wrote based on an annoying phrase that Travis and Lexie sang all the way to San Francisco one night for a gig. They just kept singing, "By the wayside, where the dead people go!" over and over and over and over and so I wrote this song. No, it's not on YouTube and only Very Special People own copies of it. Well, it IS on the Compilation album San Jose Is Ground Zero; We're Number ! but it may be hard to find copies of said vinyl recording, and I'd have to find everyone involved to re-release it.

Watcha listenin' to? Tell me about it in the Comments.

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign