Friday, December 05, 2008
Friday Random Top Ten
Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .
1. ¿Comó Dueles En Los Labios? Maná
2. Fake Plastic Trees Radiohead
3. Channels and Winds (Passages) Ravi Shankar and Philip Glass
4. EMI (Orchestrated version) Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle
5. Ghettomusick Outkast
6. The Day I Tried To Live Soundgarden
7. Thou Knowest, Lord Christ Church Cathedral Choir, Oxford
8. Hula Hoppin' Idalia Boyd
9. Helpless Neil Young
10. Me Quedare Sufriendo Samy y Sandra Sandoval
It started out all quiet and purty and stuff, what with Maná sounding all sensitive and Radiohead sounding all pensive and then Ravi Shankar and Philip Glass not over-doing it and even the Sex Pistols song is orchestrated and not loud and boisterous. Then Outkast comes along and shakes it all up. But not for long, as Soundgarden decided to do the minor-key slow thang, which really isn't much different in ambiance than Oxford Church Anthem which follows. But tank da Loid fa Idalia Boyd, who puts us back on the path and reminds us of what is really important: doin' the Hula Hop! Neil Young tries to drag us down whining about some town in North Ontario, but Samy y Sandra give him a good slap and take us out on a dancing, Típico beat.
Whatcha listenin' to? Tell me all about it in the comments.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign
I started the morning with The Who - Who Next - I need something rockin' as I put my long underwear and sexy Carthart insulated Overalls on!
Post a Comment