Monday, January 15, 2007

Felicidades a Aishwarya y Abhishek


Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan, two major bollywood stars, are engaged to be married. Abhishek's parents, Amiitabh and Jaya Bachchan are more than stars, more like super novas in Bollywood. I'll bet that out of the thirty bollywood DVDs in our collection, only three or four do not have an appearence by Amitabh Bachchan. Abhishek is making quite a name for himself, and he was great in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. There is a great scene in Bunty aur Babli with Aishwarya singing and dancing and Amitabh charming her while Abhishek makes a fool of himself. Aishwarya Rai was Miss World 1994 and appears in lots of films, including western films. She starred in Bride And Prejudice, a "bollywood for beginners" english-language film which came out a few years ago. I understand that she stars in The Mistress Of Spices, which was a great book but I haven't seen the film. Well, I must say that we bollywood fans are very excited! Congratulations to Aishwarya and Abhishek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some might say that Aishwarya is the most beautiful woman in the world, looking at her eyes, nose and mouth, but I have gone gaga for Indira Varma, a British actress of Indian ancestry, who has the best looking neck and clavicle of any woman ever in history for ever. Did I say ever? Yes, I think I did.

And this from someone who does not consider himself a neck and clavicle man per se.

Padre Mickey said...

I thought you liked fifty-foot necks and clavicles.
Aishwarya is beautiful, but she's not the most beautiful, in my opinion. In fact, I think that Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Madhuri Dixit, and Mahima Chowdary are more beautiful than Aishwarya. Of course, I watch bollywood for the stories.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign