Sunday, January 14, 2007

St. Christopher's-On-The-Patio






Thursday I posted photos of the repair work going on at San Cristóbal, and while the church is torn up we are holding services across the street at Instituto Episcopal San Cristóbal, the school started at our parish over 40 years ago. Yesterday we had the dry run with a funeral service. That service taught us what needed to be taped down and how to balance sound from the fake organ. For me, holding a service on the patio is like the services we have at Camp every year, and I tend to be less formal. We had a good time at both services (sorry, MadPriest, we can't help it). I took a few photos of the space before the 7:30 am English-language Choral Eucharist, and Mona took fótos of la Misa a las 10:30 am. On Wednesdays we will be holding Healing service on the patio of the church. I'll get a few shots of that on Wednesday. It is a small space and last week the congregation realized that I'm practically on top of them so they can't catch up on sleep during the sermon. ¡Qué lastima! click on photos to see a larger version
1. The Space
The following shots will give one a feeling for our neighborhood
2. Front of the School
3. Parroquia Episcopal de San Cristóbal
4. North end of Calle 10
5. South end of Calle 10

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign