Sunday, February 11, 2007
THE 87th CONVENTION OF THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF PANAMÁ IS OVER!!!
You know da drill; click dem you wanna see moah
¡¡GRACIAS A DIOS!!
We finished the convention with a Eucharist at St. Luke's Cathedral. The service was 3 1/2 hours long, but that's how Bishop Julio Murray likes it! It was a wonderful celebration. A member of St. Christopher's, Mrs. Adica Moore, was awarded the Bishop's Award, and we are all so proud of her. In fact, the folks of St. Christopher's are proud of so much: our assitant, Revdo. Luis Cácares was named a Canon of the diocese, our own Mrs. Marcella Dickens has been named Directora of the new Episcopal School en Brisas de Golf (she is our third Directora; Mrs. Patricia Lewis is the Directora of Instituto Episcopal San Cristóbal, and Mrs. Joyce Green is Directora of Colegio Episcopal de Panamá. Our parish is full of Smarties!). And Mrs. Moore has been honored with the Bishop's Award. So pardon us if we are all bursting with el Espíritu Cristobalino! The Youth did all the readings. And when the service was over, Mona and I were invited to the Bishop's Mansion for some lunch with others from the Diocese. THEN we did our grocery shopping on the way home.
I'm posting this stuff and then I'm gonna finish watching the movie we started last night before I fell asleep on the couch.
Tomorrow I have the start of Vacation Bible School (I gotsta play the guitar for the kids) and I agreed to teach the Cooking Class how to make a Classic Indian Curry.
Oh, and a special message to Revdo. Doctor Canonigo John L. Kater, Jr.: Grandma Mary is here and I'm getting a special lunch on Thursday, not to mention all the great baked goods I'll be eating this week!!
This has really evolved into a Photoblog, and here are fótos de la día.
1. Tía Sue's girls cutting up before the service.
2. Los Jovenes (The Youth) before Mass.
3. Acolytes from el Hogar de Niñas
4. Da Band (Padre plays with all these guys, but not today!)
5. El Coro
6. Mrs. Choroland McQueen leads the procession, along with Master Sean Murray, the bishop's son.
7. Calle de Honor (we always do this in procession when the Bishop is present. It's very evangelical (based on the gospel, not crazy Christian) as the last are first and the first are last!
8. My friend Walter Smith, with whom I share a brain (according to the Lovely Mona)
9. Two of the Youth leading the Psalm (English y Español)
10. Mrs. Marcella Dickens announced as Directora
11. Los Canónigos Nuevos
12. New Diocesan Officers
13. Tía Sue's girls behaving
14. The Bishop, his wife Ann, and two ladies from Bocas del Toro. Mona wanted you all to see Anita's beautiful dress.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign