Friday, February 09, 2007

ECW Convention







Yesterday the Lovely Mona and I were at the Cathedral for the Episcopal Church Women's Eucharist and then attended their convention for a few hours. I spent most of the afternoon working on the bulletin for Sunday's Eucharist. Today we have workshops all day and I will be finishing up stuff for Saturday and Sunday. So, unless the Lovely Mona posts, it will be quite sparse around here.
Here are some photos from yesterday's activities.
And, No, Leonardo, I am not a Canon. In Panama we all wear whatever color shirt (except purple, of course) seems good, or, in my case, whatever is clean.

1. ECW banners
2. Bishop Murray blessing the UTO offerings
3. A delegate from Changinola, Bocas del Toro province
4. A group from St. Christopher's with Yours Truly, Padre Carlos Austin, and Milford Penado
5. St. Christopher's delegates
6. A shot of the Hall

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add that the beautiful vestments the Bishop is wearing are new and given to him by St. Paul's Episcopal Church.

The dress the woman from Bocas is wearing is a style they wear to West Indian programs. Isn't it beautiful? I love the hat.

The table where Padre Mickey is posing at is the visitors table. St. Christopher's always has a lot of visitors at these functions.

Anonymous said...

I had to do a doubletake from foto 4 because it looked like las madrinas de mi iglesia.

MadPriest said...

Padre
You always seem to be surrounded by beautiful black ladies of a certain age.
Nothing wrong with that - just an observation.

Anonymous said...

To Leonardo Ricardo. To the right with typical macho homophobia. Travels the world while too many people in Panama are dying of HIV-AIDS.

Padre Mickey said...

"anonymous" I am the only person who will see this comment, as most people don't post comments on posts which are over six months old.

I've got your ip number; let's think before we post anonymous comments about the bishop.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign