Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hogar de Niñas

Click on photos for larger version






Yesterday at the Hogar, I brought my books and like always, the girls surround the table for books as you can see in photo 1.
Photo two shows them reading. They read out loud so it gets noisy trying to work with Sinilda.
Sinilda practiced writing her name and the letters that are in her name. I also went over what those letters are. “A” is “ahhhh, that feels good.” “E” is “¡’ey, amigo!” and “O” is “Ooo (as in cool), ¡que bonita! How pretty!”
In the third photo you can see Sinilda writing her name. This is a huge improvement from when I met her last month. I started lightly writing letters for her to trace. I have to watch her carefully so she writes them correctly. When I first started working with her, she turned the paper upside down to draw them.
We were also entertained by a puppet show put on by two of the girls. I love Sol’s face as she watches the show in photo 4. The girls made all their own puppets. They used funny voices and action that had everyone in hysterics at times.
Photo 5 shows the “Punch and Judy” influence.
Photo 6 shows how many different puppets were used.

3 comments:

June Butler said...

Lovely Mona, your girls give you competition in loveliness.

episcopalifem said...

Mona - I love to see your lovely girls, and their learning! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Mimi and Eileen,

Thank you. I think the girls are lovely, too. I enjoy being with them. It's a good way to start the week.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign