Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hoy en la Parroquia San Cristóbal



The Lovely Mona had the camera with her this morning at la Misa en Español. She took these photos before la Misa.
Little Evan has a great attraction to the drums, and here he is taking lessons from one of the greatest percussionists in Panamá, Ricardo Staples. I know a priest in England whom I'm sure would love to meet Ricardo. I love the sheer joy on Evan's face! Evan also likes the bread we use at Eucharist, and when he sees me he hollers "¡Pan! ¡Pan!" The second photo is of Mrs. Murial Doyle, one of the pillars of our parish, waiting for her ride home.

Bernie Murray was away, so Ricardo and I had to hold down the fort, which meant I played acoustic guitar instead of bass, but I just got my amp back from the shop, so I used the pick-up and amp. We did a rippin' version of El Señor nos Ama Hoy and also a Jamaican-beat-reggae-esque version of A Jesús Amemos (Glory Be To Jesus) which everyone liked so much we sang it through twice! It was one of those Sundays in which I play two roles: musician and priest, so I was kinda busy, which, of course, keeps me out of the Pool Halls. But now I'm tired and ready for a nap. Happy Sunday, everyone.

10 comments:

Jane R said...

Ah, the Sunday afternoon nap. Salvation of clergy and other church workers everywhere.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

P.S. LOVE that smile on Evan's face -- and Mrs. Doyle's strong presence.

June Butler said...

Padre, you are a trip!

Lovely people, Ricardo, Evan, and Mrs Doyle. God bless all of you.

Anonymous said...

The good Padre forgot to let you know that Mrs. Doyle is ninety-something! She's still going strong. She's at church every Sunday and still participates in Alter Guild functions. She's a true inspiration.

Caminante said...

Glad for your Sunday (and nap... mine was a bit short but I took one). And glad your morning was alegre. Chez moi there was an undercurrent of sadness -- there are people going through some hard life transitions -- a whole bunch of sandwich generation folks having to cope with the decline of their parents.

Janis Bland said...

Great fotos, Padre and Mona! What joy these good folks have. We are all truly blessed by such people.

Saint Pat said...

Amen to what they said! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I can’t believe I misspelled “altar”. Ooops.

So glad everyone enjoys the photos.

Luiz Coelho said...

Is the man in the first photo... Abp. Tutu?

Wow!

June Butler said...

Luiz, that was my first thought. Ricardo looks like our dear Bp. Tutu.

Anonymous said...

With Evan on drums, pictures of cute marsupials are like coals to Newcastle. We gots PLENTY o' cute, thanks very much.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign