Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Clericus


I attended Clericus today. It was held at Iglesia San Mateo en Ciudad Radial (Radial or Circle City; wadda name!), where my good friend Revdo. Carlos Austin is Rector. Not everyone was there, and only one of the people-who-ask-lots-of-questions-and-have-comments-about-every-damn-subject was there, so the meeting wasn't as long as last month. BUT IT WAS STILL A REALLY LONG MEETING! We didn't have lunch until almost 3:00 pm, which is better than last month when we didn't eat until after 4:00 pm. There were some good discussions (although more than I wanted) and the bishop's talk was very good. He said that the Global Central bishops will be meeting soon. I hope that they will have something to say about the goings-on in places like San Joaquin and Tanzania. But, man, I really hate long meetings, and when they are en español, I hit a wall after the fourth hour and don't understand anything; I just sit there staring into space, praying that everyone will finally tire of talking and give the final prayer.

So, here are some photos. We have the outside of San Mateo; the altar (no jokes about the boom mike above the veiled chalice and paten) and some of the Clergy of Panamá at table in meeting.

6 comments:

Caminante said...

I hope you will post what you find out about the global central bishops' meeting. They are a beacon of hope.

Padre Mickey said...

¡Bienvenidos caminante!
It's good to see you here. I enjoy reading your blog. Primado Martín is a former Rector of St. Christopher's and when I first arrived, speaking very little Spanish, I was told, "If we could teach Padre Barahona English we can teach you Spanish."
And they were right!

Anonymous said...

""If we could teach Padre Barahona English we can teach you Spanish."

I love it. Given that Obispo Martin is my other bishop (soy su canóniga misionera) I can laugh, knowingly.

Anonymous said...

I hate this...I've been posting clever stuff for two days/daze and this thing rejects me...I'm think'n Akinola arranged this plot (or maybe it was Bush)...oh, I know...last year when I was moving to Central America from Puerto Rico I landed in Panama to change planes and two AIR FORCE ONES (doesn't seem right) were parket at your aeropuerto! As I was taken down to the Tarmac to load into my ongoing flight I had a huge group of fellow passengers behind me walking along staring at the Prez's planes...suddenly, the devil took possession of my spirit and I flipped the two 747's the BIRD...the whole line started clapping and whistling)...that's why I'm not posting properly here anymore...the CIA got me...you're not the "station manager" are you Padre? Leonardo the neglected

Fr. John said...

Padre Mickey,

How wonderful to hear from you! Feel free to link to my blog, as I intend to link to yours.

I was part of a team from St. John's and St. Aidan's, San Francisco, who visited El Salvador and Rvdmo. Barahona in October, and hope to be back there next October. Thank God for the "global center."

Peace,

John+

Fr. John said...

Padre Mickey,

How wonderful to hear from you! Feel free to link to my blog, as I intend to link to yours.

I was part of a team from St. John's and St. Aidan's, San Francisco, who visited El Salvador and Rvdmo. Barahona in October, and hope to be back there next October. Thank God for the "global center."

Peace,

John+

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign