Friday, December 29, 2006

Saddam Hussein Executed



Well, they did it. I know that he was a bad person, but I'm a Christian and I simply can not support capital punishment. I'm not sure what they (both the Iraqis and Estadoünidense) think this will accomplish. In fact, I think that things are going to get even more dangerous in Iraq now. I have two parishoners fighting there. That's right, two Panamanians are in Iraq fighting with the U.S. military in this stupid mess. I believe that Saddam should have been tried in the Hague. I think that the Bush Administration better hope that none of them end up in the Hague, because they, too, are guilty of war crimes. I am disgusted with all of this. I guess it doesn't pay to be in cahoots with the likes of the guys in the second photo! Wait, didn't that one guy just get fired?

6 comments:

Caminante said...

I have written a longer response at Fr Jake's place so all I will say here is:

We repent of the evil that enslaves us, the evil we have done and the evil done on our behalf.

May God have mercy on us all.

Padre Mickey said...

Well Leonardo, I'd be more inclined to think the earthquake was a message from God if it had struck the Green Zone or the White House.
I once met a Baptist minister here who told me that the reason they have so many earthquakes in Costa Rica is because the people there were doing evil. I told him that if doing evil was the reason earthquakes exist the entire planet would be shaking like a plate of jello 24/7! He didn't think I was funny.

Caminante said...

At the same time that the news of Hussein's execution was breaking last night (22.37 EST), there was a crawler on the BBC announcing that Dubya, his family and dogs had been evacuated from the ranch for tornado warnings. I am surprised he didn't take to flying around the way he did on 9-11-01.

Padre Mickey said...

Okay, Reverenda, that's more like it! I'll accept the Crawford tornado as a message from God, but, I must admit, why should everyone else in Crawford suffer just because Dubya angered the Lord? I'm glad they evacuated those cute scottish terriers.

Caminante said...

Especially because my last name is Crawford and I have nothing, absolutely nothing to do with that whatever in TX.

Anonymous said...

The conservatives love to say Saint Ronald Reagan won the Cold War. Nobody says Truman won WW II; he was just in power when it was over.

On the other hand, some say the Truman Doctrine made the Cold War inevitable. Likewise, Reagan's funding of the Iraqis and the mujahadeen in Afghanistan made possible this current mess.

To be fair, the severity of this current mess has much more to do with GWB being a complete screwup than with Reagan making the first bad moves.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign