Monday, December 25, 2006

Rest in Peace, James


I was shocked to awake this Christmas morning to the news that James Brown passed away last night. He is the Godfather of the Dance Party, and now he will be the Hardest Working Man in the Great Beyond.
The title of one of the songs on my favorite holiday (as opposed to Christmas) album, "James Brown Christmas" is "Christmas In Heaven." I guess that's where he is spending Christmas this year.
Rest eternal grant to him, O Lord: And let light perpetual shine upon him. May his soul, and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw James Brown live at The Saddlerack in San Jose, CA with Padre Mickey and his lovely bride Mona. I wrote down my memories over on The Smirking Chimp in the James Brown thread.

It's one of my favorite memories of going to see music live.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign